There's so much coronavirus (COVID-19) news out there. To help you cut through the clutter, the Understood team is highlighting some of the week’s most important news and tools.
Here are seven free resources—one for each day of the week—for three key groups: families, educators, and employers who are helping individuals who learn and think differently thrive at home, at school, and at work.
- When Kids Are Anxious About Coronavirus: What to Do (Featured Understood resource)
- Rapid Response Resources (PIE Network): Includes help finding food banks and free internet. (Featured Understood partner)
- Here’s What Is in the “Families First” Coronavirus Aid Package Trump Approved (NPR): See how this new law increases unemployment aid, nutrition assistance, and more.
- Brilliant Book Resources (Librarian Bookends): Find free e-books and videos of stories being read out loud.
- Nessy Learning: Does your child have dyslexia? Ask your school to sign up for 60 free days of this structured literacy curriculum.
- CoronaSchooling? Daily Schedule Advice for ADHD Families (ADDitude): Tip #3: Don’t fudge wake-up and bed times.
- Livestream Activities Calendar (Amazing Educational Resources): Keep kids active with yoga, karate, and more.
- Legal FAQs on Coronavirus, School Closings, and Special Education (Featured Understood resource)
- Coronavirus: Multilingual Resources for Schools (Colorín Colorado!): Includes fact sheets and other resources for English language learners. (Featured Understood partner)
- Virtual Service Delivery (National Association of School Psychologists): Guidance for school psychologists on how to provide services remotely. (Featured Understood partner)
- Teach From Home (Google): A new toolkit to help teachers share accessible documents, PDFs, videos, and more.
- Teaching Special Education Online During COVID-19 (Council for Exceptional Children): Watch this free archived webinar.
- Amid Confusion, Feds Seek to Clarify Online Learning for Special Education Students (Education Week)
- Coronavirus: Teaching Complex Current Events and Supporting Student Well-Being (Share My Lesson): Register for this free webinar on March 26 at 4 p.m. ET.
- Transcribing Video Calls: Accessibility Tips When Working From Home (Featured Understood resource)
- Coronavirus resources (SHRM): Includes Q&As, HR forms, and toolkits. (Featured Understood partner)
- Disabled People Have Worked Remotely for Years, and They’ve Got Advice for You and Your Bosses (Washington Post)
- Coronavirus Is Spurring Remote Hiring. Here’s How to Nail Your Job Interview From Afar (CNBC): Includes tips for interviewers.
- The Coronavirus Response Shows How Crucial Accessibility Is (BuzzFeed News)
- Coronavirus Telework Tests Disability Accommodation Defense (Bloomberg Law)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: From a Benefits Perspective (National Law Review): Find out what the new law means for group health plans.
Get more coronavirus updates and tips from Understood.
About the author
About the author
Julie Rawe is the special projects editor at Understood.