We are always looking for great candidates to join the Understood team in a number of areas.
Open positions at Understood.org:
Status: Full-time Employee
Reports to: Director of Technology
Email resumes to email@example.com with the subject line “Product Owner Candidate”
Summary: Understood is looking for an outstanding and passionate Product Owner who will work closely with stakeholders, Project Manager, Scrum Master, and our web development team. The Product Owner plays a critical role and must have an excellent grasp of business strategy and be able to use that knowledge to make rapid, tactical decisions in an Agile development process. Must be able to define, prioritize, and clarify requirements; work with others to understand use cases, features, business and technical product goals. This role would be responsible for key functional areas of the product and would be the go-to person including defining business requirements, working with the Understood team to translate these to technical tasks, and being responsible for overall delivery of product features in specified timelines.
- Communicate information effectively to stakeholders, managers, and delivery teams
- Negotiate priorities and resolve conflicting feedback among project stakeholders
- Elicit business and user needs and all technology delivery needs
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources
- Break down high-level information into details
- Create and groom short-, medium-, and long-term product roadmaps
- Build and groom product backlog(s)
- Take low-level information to a more general understanding for analysis and execution
- Separate presented user requests from the underlying true needs from requirements
- Connect with individuals and groups about their needs to surface essential requirements
- Work with the vast array of information gathered during analysis and cope with rapidly changing information
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years of experience as Agile Scrum Product Owner or similar roles
- Significant experience in developing Enterprise applications
- Strong experience in Agile development particularly Scrum in organizing and motivating teams
- Proven work experience as a technical “influencer” and ability to own and drive the product
- Excellent communication and technical skills
- Experience with off-site product and development teams
- Strong knowledge of business analysis, project management, and product management concepts
- Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible environment with strong skill of exerting influence
- Understanding of technical architectures of existing systems and components so that business needs can be translated via user stories for development
- Analytical skills
- Facilitation and listening skills
- CRM, Business Intelligence greatly preferred
- Strong technical aptitude; programming, business analyst, and/or UX (User Experience) background a strong plus
- Some experience with PHP, C#, or ASP.NET a plus
- Positive attitude, a willingness to learn, and an understanding of our mission for families
Digital Analytics Coordinator
Status: Part-time Contractor (20 hrs/week)
Reports to: Michael Kelly, Senior Digital Analytics Manager, Understood.org
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Digital Analytics Coordinator Candidate”
Summary: Understood is looking for a Digital Analytics Coordinator to aid the Insights team. The Digital Analytics Coordinator will be responsible for generating and distributing reporting on onsite activity to the team at large, as well as designing onsite tests and surveys. The Digital Analytics Coordinator will also take a supporting role in researching deeper engagement trends for the purpose of presenting to key internal stakeholders, as well as handling ad hoc requests from various people in the organization. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about digital analysis and can work independently and proactively.
- Design and distribute regular reporting to organization stakeholders in marketing, editorial, and product
- Respond in a timely fashion to ad hoc requests for data or insight from team members
- Develop and deploy plans for A/B and multivariate testing, as well as report on results
- Research deeper onsite engagement trends and use visualizations to craft presentations that effectively tell compelling data stories
- Craft and report on qualitative surveys to effectively measure the makeup of online audiences
The Person: Required Experience and Qualifications, and Ideal Attributes
- 0–2 years of experience in digital analytics either at an agency or on an in-house team
- Experience in using analytics tools, including Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Familiarity with A/B testing methods as well as tools such as Optimizely
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Proficiency with Excel, Google Sheets, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of or experience in the learning disabilities field a plus
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills and the ability to understand complex information and communicate it in simple terms to various audiences
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, with individuals and cross-disciplinary teams, both internal and external to NCLD
- Positive attitude and commitment to teamwork
- Completion of bachelor-level program (in an analysis-related field a plus)
NCLD is one of 15 founding partners of the innovative online resource, Understood.org. Understood began with a dream to give parents everywhere access to the kind of resources usually only available to a few. We are striving to meet that dream with an entirely new, brand-forward, premium content destination and online community for parents. We are backed by a national cross-channel Ad Council media campaign that spans TV, outdoor, and digital as we work to build a go-to resource for parents looking to help their child thrive. In our first six months we were awarded Sitecore People’s Choice award and were named the Best Family/Parenting Site at the 19th Annual Webby Awards.
We’re a true product company with millions of users; we are not sales- or ad-supported and that allows us to spend all of our time focusing on the ideal product and how to keep making it better. We are only beholden to our users. We are a small, nimble, and collaborative team that works with top consultants, vendors, and organizations across the sector. We sit in cross-functional teams, use data and user research to drive decision making, and we love spending time with our users. We prioritize work that delivers impact at scale and that is measurable and achievable. Our team enjoys offices in a collaborative, open loft space. You’ll be joining a team that is proud to be building a product that is thoughtful, high touch, and high impact.
The National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) is a fast-paced, forward-thinking organization that is growing quickly. NCLD works to improve the lives of all people with learning difficulties and disabilities by empowering parents, enabling young adults, transforming schools, and creating policy and advocacy impact. We envision a society in which every individual who struggles to learn possesses the academic, social, and emotional skills needed to succeed in school, at work, and in life. NCLD manages and operates the Understood program.